The Mt Lebanon Soccer Association is excited to announce the opening of our Winter Futsal Program. The registration is open now and will close on December 1st or whenever we reach max capacity. Link to our website: www.mlsa.org
Eligible Grades: Grades 1st through 12th
Location: Saint Simon & Jude Gym located at: 1607 Greentree Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15220
Program Start and End Dates: January 5th through March 12th.
This fun pick-up game, based loosely on an outdoor futsal format, will allow for free play without much instruction, but in a supervised system where the game and conditions do the teaching.
- We are planning to have a separate boys’ league from the girls except for the High School Group which will be coed. This is subject to change based on registration results.
- Games will be played on either Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. The schedule will be consistent, and we will provide information as we get closer to the end of registration.
- There are no practices for this league. This is just games.
- Groupings: Grades 1&2, Grades 3&4, Grades 5&6, Grades 7&8 and Grades 9th-12th.
- We will be working with the municipality to hopefully eliminate some of the conflicts with the basketball program.
- Program will run 8-10 weeks. Each team will be provided at least 1 game slot per week.
- Games will have referees and play traditional futsal rules. (No physical play, kick ins, penalty limits)
Volunteer Coaches: We are always in need of volunteers to help manage the teams. If you are interested in being a part of our wonderful association, please complete the volunteer section as you register your player. All Volunteers will be required to turn in clearances and complete our SafeSport Program.
Benefits of Futsal:
The priority in futsal is to motivate players in an environment that is conducive to learning. The more pleasure kids derive from their participation, the more they wish to play and practice on their own. While their instinct to play is natural, their affection and appreciation for soccer must be cultivated. Futsal is the foundation to such goals because it:
Allows players to frequently touch the one “toy” on the field, namely, the ball.
Presents many opportunities to score goals and score goals often.
Encourages regaining possession of the ball as a productive, fun and rewarding part of the game (defending).
Maximizes active participation and minimizes inactivity and boredom.
Provides a well organized playing environment with improvised fields.
Reflects the philosophy of player development expressed in state and national coaching schools.
Eliminates complicated rules such as off-sides that may hinder youngsters from “playing”.
Reflects the appropriate roll of the coach as a facilitator.
Makes the game more “beginning coach” friendly because the game is simpler, thus making it easier to recruit more volunteer “coaches”.
Allows the game to be the teacher!
Links to help you understand:
Cost: $110 per player. We have financial assistance if needed. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org